Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

I haven't made chocolate crinkle cookies in I don't know how long.  Mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid.  I was mixing oatmeal cookie dough tonight, and thought I'd make a half-batch of the crinkle cookies, too.

For those of you familiar with chocolate crinkle cookies, the dough is a lovely even shade of chocolate brown, due to the melted unsweetened chocolate.  This is what I ended up with.  It tastes delicious, but it looks like I added shaved chocolate, not melted chocolate. 


Hmmm...

I cook much like my mother in that I don't always thoroughly read the directions.  I get the ingredients and start slapping stuff together.  I guess I shouldn't have tried substituting the oil and I probably should have followed the instructions when it said to add the melted chocolate to the sugar, first.

Turns out I seized the chocolate, by adding it to the rest of the batter as I did.  The only reason I didn't end up with one huge lump of chocolate in the middle was that I was whisking it into the batter, which caused the shredding effect.   

Its supposed to chill overnight.  Tomorrow I see how well they cook and taste.   Next time, for this recipe, I'll have to remember to follow directions!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************