Saturday, August 27, 2011

CSA Chili

I was amazed what I brought home from the Moosehill CSA this week: 3 ears of corn, half a melon, a zucchini, an eggplant, cherry tomatoes, 6 huge tomatoes, a bunch of mizuna, a hot pepper, 2 bell peppers and some other sweet pepper, carrots, beets, cucumbers.  Did I remember everything?  And that's only my half of a half-share!  I even managed to snag a few small tomatoes for the guinea pigs out of the "seconds" bin.  They're happy I thought of them.

It weighed a ton.  I picked up the entire half-share and needed to go back to the car for another bag because it didn't all fit in one.  And they are not small shopping bags!

What to do with all that produce?  Make veggie chili, of course.  My last attempt was at chili was passable; I switched recipes this time.  Much better.  I pulled this one from The New Basics Cookbook.  I swapped in eggplant for zucchini and added the hot pepper, but otherwise followed the recipe.  Definitely a keeper.

What do you do with your bumper crop bounty?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************