Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peanut Butter

I was noisy the other night.  Or at least that's what I was told.  I had read an article on Lifehacker a couple of months ago about DIY peanut butter and decided to give it a try.  It really was as easy as they described: dump peanuts into a food processor and run it for five minutes or so.  I probably could have processed it a bit longer - it wasn't super creamy smooth.  That works out fine, though, since I like my peanut butter with texture.

My food processor is one of those little hand-held things, so I'll be sticking with small batches.  But that's probably a good thing.  I will have to start experimenting with flavors or maybe different nuts.  Hmmm.... cashew butter or almond butter may be next on my list.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************