Tuesday, March 19, 2013

All Pinned Up

I finally finished piecing together the backing over the weekend.  Adding a star to the back of it altered the panel sizes, so it took a bit more work than I had anticipated.  But it's done.  Yay!

I had to rearrange the living room furniture to create enough space to spread out the quilt.  The border and the backing decided not to lay flat.  At least the batting behaved.  I spent a lot of time crawling around on the floor smoothing the bumps and puckers, much to Rob's amusement.

It's all pinned together; let the quilting begin.  My mother thinks I'm a little crazy to attempt quilting it on my Singer.  I quilted my queen sized quilt on this machine, so I know this is doable.  I'll be doing stitch-in-the-ditch.  The challenging bit is that I plan to outline the stars, which has a lot of points.  I see lots of pricked fingers and swearing in my future.  I can live with that, as long as the backing doesn't pucker. 

I'm excited to be quilting this thing!  And a bit anxious - this is my last chance to botch it.  Oy.  I can't wait to see what the backing looks like with the colored star outlines. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...