Saturday, March 29, 2014

Red Squirrel

The gray squirrel has been a frequent visitor to the front feeder all winter.  I've seen a red squirrel nearby, but he's not come up on the porch, let alone the feeder.  But in the last two weeks he's gotten braver.  He fits right into the feeder, much better than the gray squirrel.

Although the red squirrel has been extremely timid on the ground, he's been as bold as brass in the feeder.  I was standing a foot away from the window when I took these (terrible) shots.  The gray squirrel would have been long gone if I got that close.  Look at him peeking in.  What a cheeky fellow!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************