Saturday, May 3, 2014

Christmas in May?

I'm still in scrappy-mode.  This time, I'm focused on burning through my leftover Christmas material.  Most of it has been taking up space in my drawers for over a decade.  Get it out!

I scanned through tons of "scrappy Christmas quilts" on Google.  There are some beautiful designs I wanted to try, but so many of them were based on red and green material.  The majority of my fabric is dark blue.  Who wants a blue wreath or tree?

Looking back on my notes from previous quilts, I came across a Storm at Sea quilt I made a few years ago.  I love the pattern; I've dreamed of making another one.  Here's my chance.  It's a good size for a wall hanging or table topper.

I've cut all the material and had enough scrap left over to make a couple of rug mugs.  Those got sewn together first.  Now it's time to take the plunge on free-motion quilting.

On an unrelated note, I hung String Theory in my hallway so it doesn't get creased or dirty before the fund raiser.  I figure I should get the chance to admire it while it's still mine.  Doesn't it look great at the end of the hall?  Who knew it would fit perfectly there?  Am I going to be bummed when goes?

I may have to bid on it myself.

And one more thing - Connie is the winner of the brown bear magnet giveaway.  Congrats!  It's boxed up and ready to go.


1 comment :

  1. I love String therapy, yep I'd have to bid on that one myself. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************