Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Bunch of Baking

Cheddar Onion Scones, Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Oatmeal Bread, GF Banana Bread
My friends and I had a Tea on Sunday.  Last Friday I had not yet decided on what I was making.  As I flipped through my recipe books I came across a number of Breakfast Club recipes.  Ah.  I haven't made many of these since our office closed.  I enjoyed baking for my coworkers.  I didn't realize how much I missed cooking for Breakfast Club.  So I dusted off a few favorites to make.

We had also polished off our last loaf of oatmeal bread and I had a few overripe bananas.  Altogether, that spells Baking Frenzy!

I baked some old favorites for the Tea:  cheddar onion scones and chocolate chip biscuits.  I also made some gluten/dairy free banana bread (since the scones and biscuits had loads of both).  The GF banana bread came out great.  I liked it better than the GF date bread I made earlier in the year.  This had good texture and everyone agreed it was delicious.  Alas, one of the mini loaves fell into a spot of flour on the counter when I removed it from the pan.  Oops.  I had to keep that one all to myself (you can see my big fat taste-test in the photo).


Sunday was a perfect afternoon to eat and chat on the tree-shaded patio.  There was so much food to choose from:  pasta and green salads, curried rice and veggies, ratatouille, tomatoes with mozzarella, fresh fruit (including chocolate dipped strawberries) and cherry-filled cookies.  Oh, and of course Waldorf salad. 

Once again, we were treated to a show-and-tell of handmade crafts.  My friend has finished the quilt top she's been working on all year.  Isn't it beautiful?  Now comes the difficult decision on how to quilt it.  I can't wait to see it complete and bound.


2 comments :

  1. Okay, now I'm feeling a baking frenzy of my own coming on, and I really don't need one! It sounds lime you had a lovely afternoon with friends. Your friend's quilt is gorgeous. I hope she'll let you share a photo of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************