fabric basket. This one was based on 3" squares (my prior one was 2" squares). The handles are a single piece of fabric (which I liked better) It's one square longer than the original design. Between the bigger squares and the extra length, it's much larger than my first one. At 12" x 5.5" x 5.5", it could easily hold 30 CD cases lined up in there.
I decided increase the length based on some examples I saw on line. If I were to make it again, I think I'd keep with the original 6-square length. The basket tends to be a bit floppy standing on it's own. If I made this size again I would add interfacing to help keep it's shape.
I was just about done when I remembered to add one of my little seam labels in the inside. Then, as I finished whip-stitching the inside seam, I discovered a pin buried in the bottom I had put in to mark the center line. Bah! I had to pull out my stitching and do it again.
I like how it looks with all the blues and greens.
Linking up with Freemotion on the River's Linky Tuesday.