Thursday, December 24, 2015

Sewing Binge

I think I'm making up for lost time.  I spent nearly the entire weekend working on my sewing projects.  Lots of cutting, ironing and stitching.  Woot!  Rob had to drag me out for lunch one day, because I didn't want to put down what I was working on.

Bowls, hexies, a new quilt, more fabric and flange binding

And there's still so much I want to do!

I finished a bunch of hexies.  Still not sure what to do with all of them, but they stack up quite nicely.  Worked on a quilt I can't show off yet.  I'm hoping to post it soon.  It will have a flange binding, which I've never tried before.  Got sidetracked with the coil bowls (there's three of them now).  Cut more kites and added to the stack of string triangles (probably enough for a throw quilt by now).  Went through some of my smaller bits of scrap organizing them into squares and more crumbs.

The space I'm clearing out in my sewing drawers?  I bought nearly 10 yards of material to put into it.  What was I thinking?!?  But aren't they pretty?  Some are earmarked for projects, but the rest just caught my eye.

The other writing, cooking or cleaning I meant to do?  Never  happened.  Damn, what fun.  I can't wait for the weekend again!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************