Thursday, July 28, 2016

Playing with Kites

I'm in the doldrums between projects as I'm planning another kite quilt.  When I finished Shattered Kites, I wondered what it would look like with black and brights, like stained glass.  I've cut a bunch of kites and am playing with size and layout.  Something's missing, but nothings jumping out at me.  I can't get it off the design floor (Rob has to walk around it every day) and onto the sewing machine.

In the meantime I made a pile of scrappy hexies to add to my collection.  At this rate I'll have enough to make something with them in another year or two.  Obviously a long term project.

Inspiration needs to hit soon - I have some free time next week and I'd like to start sewing!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************