Next project is something new: a bias tape Celtic knot. I made this lilac dress five years ago and felt that it needed a little something. I decided a some green would be nice (probably when looking for something to wear on St. Patrick's Day). I've been meaning to do this a year or two, bought bias tape makers this spring and finally started working on it.
|Dress, pattern, auditioning greens|
I made a couple of short pieces of bias tape to see how it worked and looked. I really liked the 1/2", but struggled to get keep it flat with the sharp turns of the pattern. I ended up cutting it down to make 1/4" bias. It is working better but I'm not confident I can keep the raw edges tucked in. I need to transfer the pattern onto the dress and start to iron and pin the tape to the dress. I'm not sure I can accomplish this. I knew it would be a lot of work, but I underestimated the complexity. It would be great to have done for Friday's dance. We'll see!