Monday, November 7, 2016

Great Timing

My Celtic knot project is slow going.  I had a couple of false starts before making any progress.  I managed to lay out the basic shape, but wasn't able to press it all flat.  There were too many pins and too big of an iron.

As I pondered how to tackle this, I was gifted a mini iron.  Oh, what a difference!  I can only work on it in short bursts, but I'm making progress.  I keep screwing up the over/under - I had to pull out one side twice before it lined up correctly.

I planned to machine sew this, but I'm not confident I can catch the finished edges properly.  Now the plan is to hand stitch.  I may start stitching the one side before completing the pinning of the other just to get a better feel for how it will look when it's done.

Along with the mini iron, I received a bag of scrappy metallic thread.  Very pretty stuff - not something I usually use.  But it's inspiring me.  Suddenly I have a new project at the top of my list.  Then I really need to start focusing on Christmas stuff.  Is it really November already?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************