Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December Disruptions

It's been a quiet month for blogging.  I've been focused on getting holiday stuff done:  some shopping, writing cards, shipping cookies.

I'm feel a little like Indiana Jones in regards to this year's ornament:  Cats.  Why did it have to be cats?  I love kitties, but have yet to create one with Sculpey that looks right.  I've been proud of the ornaments I've made my nephew in past years.  I fear this isn't going to be one of them.  I'll be glad when it's done.

I sewed!  For all of five minutes.  I finished a few more string triangles.  I'm so close to having that whole pile completed (and then I can make something with it!).  My sewing backlog contains clothing fixes for my sister and making some Frankenstein batting.  Need to finish those before I can return to applique and other fun stuff.  Inspiration and motivation are at a low ebb.

I received a cute little square ironing board for Christmas from a thoughtful friend.  Perfect for paper piecing or small seams.  Will come in handy when I tackle my next NYB quilt, although it will mean far less steps on my fitbit if I don't have to walk to the other room to iron seams.  Who knew that piecing could be such a workout?

I'm hoping I'll have some time at the end of the month to focus on sewing some fun stuff.


2 comments :

  1. I'm impressed that you are trying to make cats!! And cookies being shipped huh? YOu are a busy elf!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are being a LOT more productive and creative than I have been in recent weeks. And I'll bet your cats will be very cool - I mean, really. I will take bets.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************