Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Sluggish Start

It's only the third of October and my free time this month is rapidly dwindling.  How can that be?!?  I may need to take some time off from work just to do all I want.

I'm excited to have started Mom's quilt.  I have 128 blue and cream triangles.  Goodness.  Next weekend's objective is to have 128 chevron pieces done.  I need to stop getting distracted (cooking, dancing, other sewing projects) and start cutting the next pieces if I want to hit that goal!

Sharing with Freemotin by the River's Linky Tuesday.


5 comments :

  1. I am excited to see the progress of this quilt. Blues and whites are so classic, it will be wonderful.

    As for the days racing by, it is scary, I am already 'behind' on things I want to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully you're using the shortcuts way to make these. I think I remember seeing A Fons and Porter quilting made with a ruler that makes working up these squares easier. Also they have a way of making chevrons faster. They used to have a show on PBS's Create channel. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the days, right? Well I am excited to see your Mother's quilt progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, wonder all the time where the days go. Loving the blue fabric in this quilt. I look forward to seeing your chevrons, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Boadi is feeling better. Their antics are always amusing to me. Your blocks are wonderful but you are right about being busy...which is usually a good thing if it includes quilting time.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************