Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Like Thursday: Mmmm....

Up this week:  food, dancing and sewing.

It's a treat when Charlie (aka the Cookie Man) brings cookies to the Rehoboth dance.  Everyone likes Charlie cookies.  I was excited to find bags of his cookies at last week's fundraiser.  I brought extra money just to procure these.  They are seriously yummy.

NEFFA!  It's coming!  I enjoy helping with setup, which is how I'm spending part of my morning today.  The festival kicks off Friday evening.  I plan to be dancing a lot all weekend!



I like Heirloom beans - these are organic from a farmer's market my friend frequents.  She was kind enough to pick up a bag.  Aren't they colorful?  I made soup over the weekend with them; it was delicious!







I like my lint brush.  Turns out it's great for getting threads off of batting.  Loose threads - the bane of my quilting existence!  Takes forever to pick them all off and they always, somehow, show through the quilt.  What a pain!  This isn't perfect, but as you can see, it does a darned good job.




I really like the new scissors I got (I had so many good recommendations - it was hard to pick one!).  The serrated edges grab and snip the threads so nicely.  I'm hoping I will be very happy with these for a long time. (eta - they are Jim Holtz 5" snips.)

Linking to Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


9 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    I love lint brushes, too. But I use them on my clothes or the finished quilt, as I never had an issue with stray threads on my batting. Those cookies look delicious, and I know you'll have fun dancing this weekend. I know you'll be tired - in the good way! Those scissors look interesting and nice and sharp! Just what you want! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those are the Jim Holtz scissors - I love them too! They really are great for snipping threads or fabric. Nothing gets away from them, and they are really sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look like Karen Kay Buckley scissors... tell us who makes them. I collect scissors! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The folk festival and dancing sounds wonderful - exercise with music, perfect! Glad you found some new scissors to love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beans are tasty looking, but I especially love your colander! So adorable! And the lint brush is such a great idea. I have several of those sticky lint rollers around, but the brush might be a better long term solution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookies!!! Those beans look great and the bowl is fabulous!! That's my favorite lint brush too and those scissors even look sharp. :) Have fun danceing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, scissors. I have a bit of a scissors habit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems your scissors are a hit! But aren't good scissors so essential. I would love to try those heirloom beans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are pretty scissors! They look comfortable to use, also.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************