Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Like Thursday: A Light Week

Last week was busy, this week has been quiet.

I like the trees!  They're changing color:  greens and pinks and whites.  Oh, lovely. 

I like that Rob mixed me up a batch of permethrin.  I sprayed down a pair of jeans, my hiking boots and a pair of socks.  It makes tick check a little easier after hiking in the woods.

Have you ever played Forbidden Island?  I really like this game.  Discovered it during one of the monthly Game Days I go to.  Up to four players, played as a team to collect treasure and get off the island before it sinks.  Doesn't hurt that the cover reminds me of Myst.  (I loved that game.)  Played Forbidden Island over the weekend and we survived!


I like that I'm becoming adept at patching Drapes of Doom.  I took six drapes home from NEFFA two weeks ago to add corner patches (they were so happy with my test ones in February, they wanted me to do more!).  Took a while to adjust to the new fabric for patching, but I managed to do all six drapes in less than a day.  Out for delivery tomorrow.  Finally!  Drapes that are in and out of the house in weeks instead of taking up the corner of the living room for months on end. 

They all set to deliver more drapes, but I said no, not until late summer.  I've got quilting I need to do!  I'm stuck with the grey I'm working with - something's not sitting right.  It will get there.

Enjoy the likes at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    Oh my, I haven't heard mention of Myst in ages!! I used to love that! Geez, I'll have to check out Forbidden Island . . . just what I need. HAHA!
    ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. ticks are ick! Love game nights

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a light week now and then. Okay maybe much more often. Life is so busy in retirement. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blooming trees, too - such beautiful color! Forbidden Island sounds like a lot of fun, as do your game days. I'll have to see if I can find it for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes......more curtains!! 'Tis good you finished them quickly. Quiet weeks are wonderful. How lovely the trees are blossoming in pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your game nights sound great! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't know about permethrin. Perhaps it would be good against the black flies in Maine where I am from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of permethrin but I will have to check it out. I love strategy games, so it sounds like Forbidden Island would be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************