Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Last Tryouts

I spent nearly all Monday trying out different color layouts.  I'm sticking with the random arrangement, rather than trying to move the shades across the quilt.  I did a couple variations with these colors.


I wasn't sure about the richness - the blue and red were quite dark.  Otherwise, this was my favorite so far.  So I pulled most of the red and blue and tried again.  That left mostly the gold and green, swapped back and forth.  It caused diagonal strips of green and yellow.  Not what I really wanted but overall, not bad.


At this point I was curious what it would look like with just the gold.  I didn't have enough gold already cut, so I cobbled together this photo to see what it would look like:


Not thrilled.  Which kind of surprised me.  I could go either way with the other two (although as of this morning, I'm leaning back towards the first one).  I need to pick one and sew!

Sharing with:
Freemotion by the River: Linky Tuesday
Sew Fresh Quilts: Let's Bee Social

6 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    This is fabulous! And I like the first layout best, too.
    Happy Tuesday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first layout, too - those cornerstones look like gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going against trend, I feel the second one is more balanced. the tones are similar, almost analagous. Have you looked at it with a ruby beholder? To me, the first one is jarring... high contrast loses the little squares. They play more of a role with the second one. Ah, choices are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you are still playing, Sally. I too like the second one. Don't you just hate decision making. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardest part is picking one and going with it! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!! Try commenting on your own post and checking the Notify Me box in the lower right. I think you should receive notifications of all comments after yours. It's not ideal, but at least we know when someone comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty layouts, testing and trying the colours would drive me mad. I like the first layout best. really striking.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************