Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Art of Slouching

Mabel has been with us for two months.  She's made herself at home.  She does not like to be patted in the cage (traditional morning scritches is a problem because Mama perseveres), but is perfectly relaxed if picked up and snuggled.  And if there's anyone who knows how to hang out, it's Mabel.  I think she even has Boadicea beat.  I mean, just look at her.




We all want to be like Mabel:  all chill with our feet sticking out.  Rob caught me on the couch the other day, feet askew, being lazy.  Even Wedgwood got with the program - I caught her in the cozy with nothing but those two tiny feet sticking out.  

Ah... this is the life.


3 comments :

  1. Love the feet sticking out while lounging ~ I'm doing that right now! Trying to get up the energy for a trip to the grocery store and pharmacy, but it is a sauna outside and I'm still recovering from my afternoon trip to the barn and trimming Acer's hooves. What a workout! But I'm out of milk, and CVS keeps texting me to pick up a scrip, so...my "chill" time will soon be interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable … as one who is having hot flashes, I can certainly appreciate the value of sticking various body parts out from under the covers! And I find that during this hot weather, a nap in the hammock is the perfect antidote. Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************