Thursday, November 25, 2021

I Like Thursday: Laying Low

I like Thanksgiving.  Usually it's because I enjoy getting together with family.  This year, I'll enjoy laying low.  I plan to do some baking or sewing today.

Or maybe I should take my cue from Scarlet?  One last photo before she left for a new home with a friend.  

 

We didn't swap pigs at Dakin like we normally do.  There was plenty of guinea pigs that needed fostering... but we're pigsitting my sister's fosters this week.  Oh, my!  They are two fat-bottomed gals!  Sky and Huayra (it means wind).  

I've fostered a lot of youngsters lately.  These two are a hefty pair of adult sows.  Sky (the smooth-haired one) is a chonk and weighs over two and a half pounds.  Huayra is a more normal size, at just over two pounds.  They are strong!  And a bit wild.  They would not sit still in the bowl.  I am rethinking my idea of doing a holiday photo shoot with them....

In the meantime, I'll see what handling I can give them in the next few days.  They are a talkative pair.  And as skittish as they may be, they're not shy about demanding food.  Ha!


I picked a bunch of the marigold and zinnia flower heads to keep the seeds for next year.  The ones I planted indoors early and transplanted outside seemed to do best, so I'll try that again next year.

Along with the baking, I was going to try making sugared cranberries

I like that I ordered my Snapfish cards early.  I even slapped together and ordered a calendar, so I'll get to enjoy this year's guinea pig fosters all next year.  

 

I made a few more adjustments on the quilt layout.  I like the break of the navy blue but I'm wondering if it should all be on just the one side.  I think I'll start sewing the colors together and play around some more when there's less pieces to move about.  The quilt needs to be assembled by the end of the month to hit my goal.  It could happen - I'm hoping to start sewing pieces this weekend.

Hope you are all enjoying your day!  Thank you, LeeAnna, for hosting I Like Thursday.



4 comments :

  1. Hi Sally! Aww, sweet Scarlett has a new permanent home! That's a great way to spend a thankful Thursday. We are having a small gathering at Sue's sister's house - our usual Sunday crew that meets at our home. That quilt top you are working on is stunning! What is it called or what block is it? I love the layout you shared and the secondary pattern formed between the blocks. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigsitting sounds like quite an experience! Happy Thanksgiving, Sally - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some baking, and cooking, but I kind of feel like Scarlet today, wrap up in something cozy and just take it easy. Love your quilt. Enjoy your chonky girls. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************