Thursday, December 8, 2022

I Like Thursday: A Busy Season

Time to link up with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday for my weekly likes.  I need to focus on some good stuff, since the short days, rainy weather and being pulled in a dozen directions is fraying my calm.

I put up our Christmas candles in the sunroom.  I had to work around a tomato plant and some kale that just keep right on going!  I've never had a tomato last this long - there's at least five of them still on the plant (although I may need to bring them in for any hopes of them ripening).  Ha!  Maybe I should put Christmas lights on the tomato plant?  Wouldn't that be festive!

This week's prompt is favorite holiday treats.  It's hard to limit the list to just a few!  Berger Cookies are a treat and bring back some great memories.  White Chocolate Molasses Cookies (I add a half cup of chopped candied ginger) are popular with everyone.  The one thing I love this time of year (but rarely treat myself) is dark and white chocolate peppermint bark.  I could eat WAY too much of that! 

Attended a dance and a game day last week.  Both helped boost my mood so much!  (I only wish the effects lasted longer than they did.)

We did a holiday shoot with Mark on Monday.  My write up made drew the attention of Dakin's media relations person.  Because of that, Mark is being whisked off today to star on WWLP's Mass Appeal's pet of the week.  Think he'll find a forever home for Christmas?  Stay tuned!

Have you heard of The Appreciation Effect site?  It's an interesting project/concept to create a campaign of appreciation to a recipient.  I've bookmarked the page, but am wary about randomly giving a third-party site someone else's email address to kick it all off.  But I really like the concept.

In between the baking cookies, writing cards, ripping out most of the quilting I've done <sigh> and editing photos/videos/blog posts, we've been watching a variety of TV.  We've been enjoying the Royal Flying Doctor Service in PBS Passport (only two episodes so far).  We've just finished the second season of Miss Scarlet and the Duke.  I heard about Three Pines (while I'm awaiting the next Louise Penny book) and am two episodes into that.  I like the show, but find it jarring from where it's straying from the books. 

A friend of mine posted a link to the German version of the Shawn the Sheep Christmas special.  He said don't worry, it's all in sheep, so no translation necessary.  I laughed out loud a few times while watching it.  Very clever.

I hope you are enjoying the uplifting bits of the season.  Hugs!



13 comments :

  1. Oh, my best wishes for Mark finding a forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tomatoes! It will be interesting to see how long they last. Hoping Mark loves his new home to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that sheep movie! LOVE.
    a tomato tree... if you used christmas lights with grow bulbs...well.... sauce for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! That would be a hoot to see festive lights on a tomato plant! I sure do hope Mark gets a permanent home for the holidays. ~Home for the holidays~ is a song, for sure. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should most definitely light up that Christmas Tomato Bush! Haha! Sweet little Mark will surely find a home for Christmas, he's adorable. Thanks for the cookie links. I'll bet that's a good addition to the White Molasses Cookies. Sometimes I see candied ginger at the store. I'll have to look so I can add that too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Mark finds his forever home! It sounds like you're making lots of cookies! That's one long lasting tomato plant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go tomatoes and kale, go! I currently have a windowbox half full of parsley resting on a shelf across my bathtub, because it was so healthy it didn't seem fair to cut out one small potful to keep in the house over winter and let the rest of it freeze. Need any parsley? p.s. didn't know about Mass Appeal Pet Of The Week so I clicked, but the ones they show were posted 5 to 9 months ago. Maybe it's Pet Of The Occasional Week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lights on your tomato plant? Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Shawn the Sheep brings back memories, Robbie loved that when he was young and has some of the stuff you could purchase too. I must mention it to them. I just love Mark and his photo shoot. Fingers crossed for him. Several folks have mentioned Berger cookies, must look them up. My mood has been up and down lately too, but on the upswing this weekend. One foot in front of the other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally - you know I adore your piggie posts, so I had to click over and see your write-up on adorable Mark. So, so cute! I loved how the two of you were interacting in the video. I admire your ability to care for them so deeply and yet let them go when they find a forever home!

    I too am a lover of peppermint bark, so we just buy a little bit and I enjoy some very couple of days! Does eggnog qualify as a holiday treat? I love it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those White Chocolate Molasses cookies look so good! Mark looks so cute in that clever little pose! I hope he finds his forever home, wouldn't that be a fun Christmas happening?! And I think lights on your tomato plant would be grand fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Shaun the Sheep movie made us laugh so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************