Thursday, March 30, 2023

I Like Thursday: Little Bits and Pieces


Quick post this week to share with I Like Thursday.  Work has been busy.  Managed to get a bit of work done in the yard.  Pulled fabric and have been researching a quilt (I think I finally picked a pattern).  Working on my crumb blocks.  Once I go through them, I'll move onto strings and selvedge blocks.  And then onto my next baby quilt.



This week's prompt is asking about what we bake for Easter.  I don't bake - I make candy!  Truffles, buttercreams, almond crunch, peanut butter balls, paves, butterscotch nests.  A favorite that everyone loves is Ginger Nut Clusters.  (If you're interested in any of these recipes, I can forward them along.)

I need to pull together this year's list.  Goodness - Easter's here in just over a week!


7 comments :

  1. How do I check to see if I'm no reply? I know somewhere along the line I changed it, but don't remember how I did, or which way I set it. All that candy makes my teeth hurt. You must make lots of Easter Baskets with that much candy. I don't bake for Easter, I don't bake for anything really. Never liked baking. I've never made candy either, but you sure have a mound of it and so many different kinds. Do you do candy for Christmas as well? Will be anxious to see your quilts progress, the planning of projects is often the most fun and sometimes the most time consuming part.
    Sandy's Space If you're able leave directions about how to change the settings in a comment on my blog, that would be helpful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table full of candy makes my mouth water! You must be the most popular person in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your candy looks amazing. I remember making truffles a long time ago. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been making crumb blocks, too - they're so enjoyable! No directions, just sew and trim, sew and trim. Your candy always looks amazing! I would love the recipe for your peanut butter balls, especially if it involves chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your candy-making skills are always impressive - I'll bet you are a legend amongst your (lucky) friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easter seems early this year! Your candy always looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always send chocolates to my grandkids for Easter but I think next year I´ll have a go at making some candy like yours, they all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************