Thursday, June 1, 2023

I Like Thursday: Ice Cream and Art

The bummer with a long weekend stuffed full of fun is trying to return to work.  <sigh>  I have so much I need to get caught up on.  

So let's start off with this week's prompt for I Like Thursday, which is: what's your favorite ice cream?  Oh!  Ice cream!  Anything with chocolate makes me happy.  This was Wednesday night's dinner.  I have Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl topped with something called Boston Blackout (chocolate ice cream with brownies and fudge).  The cup has Moosetracks, which is also pretty good.  I've recently become a fan of S'mores ice cream (especially when paired with the Chocolate PB).  Whatever ice cream I get, it definitely needs to go with a waffle cone.  I love the different textures.

 

The foster guinea pigs, Bleu and Provolone, are still hanging out with us.  Provolone likes to inspect what I'm doing (in between attempts to sneak by us to get under the couch).

 


 

I love how green everything is right now.  (However, I won't tell you how much of my garden is weeds.  Oof!).  I am so far behind on planting and weeding this year.  We'll see if I catch up or just let the whole thing go wild this year.


 

We went to MASS MoCA on Sunday.  I need to write up a separate post for that.  We haven't been in years.  Rob goes for the weird, I like the unusual.  Rob was a bit disappointed - not enough truly weird installations this time.  

 


While we were in North Adams we swung by Mount Greylock.  I've never been.  The War Memorial was impressive.  I really like the shape and the color.  And the views were great (although it was very hazy). 



Get a load of the differences in trip mileage.  The trip from MASS MoCA was just over 20 mpg, but I think we hit 150 mpg on the way down the mountain.  We followed a bicycle down the whole way - there was no way to pass her, and we couldn't have gone any faster anyway!


Monday I visited the Andres Institute of Art with a friend.  It's an outdoor sculpture park built on a defunct downhill ski slope.  Art and exercise (at least five miles) all in one place.  It was so much fun poking through the woods and being surprised with whatever sculpture we found next.

This piece was called Transition.  We found a bird's nest tucked in the left side of the sculpture (with two eggs and one just-hatched baby).  Transition indeed!

More about this place, too, on a future post.  

9 comments :

  1. It is so cute to see him walking around inspecting things. He does stay close by until the escape at the end, makes me laugh.
    Nice trip. The War Memorial, I agree with you. The shape and color is regal almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, forgot to add...Coffee Ice Cream is my life long favorite. Learning how to make a good coffee syrup is a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ice cream treats look and sound delicious! Loved the video of Provolone supervising, too. That looks like a display of self-portraits in masks - interesting! I love the idea of art installations in the woods - that would be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the idea of sculpture park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You visited some great places! I love anything chocolate too. It sounds like your fosters still enjoy staying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to see the cage shift... and your snoopervisor/ poop master

    Your ice cream flavors sound so good, exotic almost! I forgot my cone must be a sugar cone, they are small but CRUNCHY and tasty. More sugar! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream is one of those feast-or-famine things for me, and right now is definitely a "feast" time. Butter pecan and choc chip cookie dough. Sometimes both in one day. Sometimes a little serving for "breakfast" because I have to take pills with food and I can't stand the thought of eating real food first thing in the morning. So I HAVE TO eat ice cream. For my HEALTH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally - wow, that's a lot of chocolate! Loved the Provolone video - a healthy pig if there ever was one!!! We returned from a three-week trip to the UK to a transformed landscape - so lush and green! And yes, a lot of weeding to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I like waffle cones and Moosetracks too. And I've just discovered chocolate covered pretzels...had never had one in my life and I loved it so the salt and sweet are definitely what my mouth loves. LOL...Enjoyed the video...so very cute. Thanks for sharing that art work...and a little nest too. Transitions is right.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************