Thursday, June 8, 2023

I Like Thursday: Preparations

It's been a week of preparation.  I'm off to Kripalu tomorrow - the first time in three years.  A long weekend of yoga in the Berkshires with my friends.  I can't wait to go, and it will be great to see some of the gals I haven't seen since our last trip in 2019.  Thank goodness I had an old packing list I used for this weekend!  I'm not sure I'd remember what to bring and what to leave behind.

I managed a few minutes to make a few more diamonds for the quilt.  I'm not happy with how it has stalled.  But now I have enough on the wall to get a feel on what to do next.  At some point I had rejected the darkest pieces, but now they're back in as possibilities as the rest of the colored diamonds are in place.

 

We spent Sunday afternoon painting my sister's condo before she moves in.  It's amazing what a clean coat of paint can do.  It's going to look great once the floors are done.


Cleaning the guinea pig cage was more of an adventure than I anticipated.  I walked out of the room for one minute, and when I returned, there was Bleu... but Provolone was nowhere to be seen.

As I headed across the floor, thinking he got under the couch, I saw a nose pop out.  Bad little rodent!

Then things got really crazy.  Suddenly Provolone and Bleu faced off, fur standing on end, chattering loudly.  They even started hissing like steam (or an angry goose).  I haven't seen pigs hiss at each other like that in years.  I even pulled out the Dustpan of Doom™, preparing for them to start a real throw-down.  I was afraid what they'd do once they were in the cage.  Thankfully, as soon as I put them in, they acted like nothing had happened.  I don't know why they were at odds with each other.  But life is all peaceful again.

That's it for this week.  Sharing with Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


6 comments :

  1. That's a pretty project in the works! I had no ideas that guinea pigs hissed, but glad they are getting along as usual. Enjoy your weekend with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time at your yoga retreat! I love how the quilt design is developing, and also that pretty green on the walls at your sister's condo. The Cheese boys must have been a little discombobulated by the cage cleaning! Glad they got back to normal right away.

    ReplyDelete

  3. The darker pieces have a nice fit there. I wasn't sure of them before, but now I really like them. Happy Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend of yoga sounds great. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so disconcerting when familiar animals suddenly become angry with each other for no apparent reason! I hope the issue is "done and dusted" even without benefit of the DoD. Have a fabulous time at Kripalu - it must be especially wonderful to return after your long and unanticipated break :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt you're working on. It's coming along great! A weekend of yoga sounds wonderful! Those cheese boys are getting fresh! Haha! They're funny!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************