Friday, September 25, 2026

Swirling Spheres Revisited

 

In the last several months I picked up a bunch of buttons between a Freecycle post and my mother's donation to Swanson's Fabrics.  I sorted through them and kept a bunch of ones I liked.  Some I have plans for.  Others I just like.  Then there's the handful I set aside to add to a quilt.

Swirling Spheres was a Project Quilting submission back in 2025 that featured buttons.  I had envisioned more buttons on it, but had neither the time nor the buttons to do that.  

I fixed that.


 

I can't believe I added more than 60 buttons to this thing and I think it still could have absorbed more.  I've been eyeballing a bunch of tiny buttons in my collection.  At this point it looks a lot closer to what I intended - I think I can stop hankering to add more. 

 

1 comment :

  1. That's a fun effect to see the "before" and "after!" I liked that piece when you made it, and like it even better now!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************