Not Afraid of Color. Every week I read them and think: I need to do this. But there's so much other stuff I'm doing. Besides, what would I write about? I sat there, mug of tea at hand... admiring my mug... and suddenly this post pretty much wrote itself.
1. I like my guinea pig mug. I happened upon a crazy sale for a design-it-yourself 15oz mug (less than $10, including shipping). I selected a handful of guinea pig photos and voila! One of my favorite mugs.
mysteriously broke. I've been given a few more as word gets out about my collection. Many of the cups have stories - where they came from, why they were bought. Always a pleasure to use when I host a tea.
3. I like my loose leaf tea from Virtuous Teas. It's a great little hole-in-the-wall shop and the staff are always so nice. I received a gift certificate to this place nearly 20 years ago - and have been going there ever since. I've moved further away, so I don't get to visit so often; I buy online.
4. I like how green tea expands. It's neat how the little gunpowder pellets (on the right) end up as large leafy green (on the left). I tried to get a video of it expanding, but it didn't work. (Although I learned how to use the time lapse option on my camera! Very cool!)
5. Chai is my favorite, but I like a variety of black tea. Herbal tea is not tea - although I do make exception for Mate Carnival. I usually have a few types of plain tea on hand, plus two or three flavored kinds. The flavored tea often changes with the season. Right now I have some Winter Wonderland and Jolly Baker's Blend.
Hmm... there's 10 different containers in the cabinet. I have more than I realized!
6. I like my ingenuiTEA teapot. This thing is so cool. When my sister first gave it to me, I was like yeah, whatever. I liked my other tea infusers and I thought this was bulky and would be cumbersome. Wrong. So wrong. I use this every day. My other strainers hang on the wall, virtually untouched.
7. I like my Bee House pot. It has also gotten less use since the ingenuiTEA appeared. It comes out when I wish to make tea for two - it holds enough for two small mugs of tea (opposed to the BIG mugs I often use). Isn't it pretty? I like the shape and the built in mesh strainer. It pours as nice as it looks. Huh - I may need to pull this out of the cabinet and give it more of the love it deserves.
Tea. A warm mug in hand can be so soothing and comfortable. What's not to like?