Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Double Disappearing Nine Patch Blocks

I've sewn together the disappearing nine patch blocks.  The four darker blocks will be used on the front and the back of the mixer cover.  I had originally dispersed those pieces into all of the blocks, but didn't like the way they looked.  So I kept all of the greener pieces to those four blocks.

I bought sashing material -- and not the color that I expected.  What a surprise!  I pulled a bolt of yellow that I liked, but the staff at the shop brought out another fabric that I liked it better (I'll show it on Saturday).  They oohed and ahhed over my blocks and one patron was impressed with the little itty-bitty squares.

I spent the weekend piecing and quilting.  I was too chicken to try stipple quilting it - so I stitched-in-the-ditch.  It was not a great choice:  in addition to the quilting making me go cross-eyed, the fabric jumped under the presser foot because of the many seams.  I'm glad there wasn't much to quilt.  I have a new appreciation for the mini quilts entered into the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

I recently found out about Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River.  It's kind of a here's-what-I'm-making show and tell.  Be sure to check out the other neat quilts and crafts that people are creating.



1 comment :

  1. Your quilt looks wonderful and to me stipple quilting is easier than in the ditch stitching! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************