Canuck Quilter's Snowalong since it started the end of September. I had planned to start participating in October, but it wasn't to be. I promised myself I'd do at least one of snowflake before the Snowalong ended. So, on the last day of the week of the last released pattern, I finally managed to make a snowflake. Look!
This is my first paper piecing project. I bought freezer paper just for the snowflakes (although I've already used it to print labels). For this project, I printed the pattern right on the freezer paper. It worked pretty well, until my printer ate the third page. The paper went in, and never came out. It took several minutes before I figured out how it was wound around some inner feeds. I extracted the page in several more minutes, printed my last page, cut the pieces and piled up my fabric.
I read the instructions and the tutorial several times before I was ready to start sewing. But once I started, piecing trucked along. I ripped out a few seams trying to match points before I gave up on that. I guess that guarantees that each snowflake will be unique!
I'm thrilled with my first attempt at paper piecing. I have no idea what I'll make with my snowflake. I guess I'll stitch up some more and see what they inspire me to create!