Thursday, February 21, 2019

I Like Thursday: Sweet Remainders

I liked a lot of things in the last week. 

Did you see?  I have the fabric for my sister's quilt.  I'm discovering some of the pattern pieces are interchangeable, which is exciting - more variety with the patterns I have.  I misplaced one of the pattern pieces, but the rest are labeled and ready to go.

On the way home Fabric Place Basement I stopped by White's bakery for a belated Valentine's gift.  Note to self - don't go there at the end of the day.  Several trays were empty.  Still, I got some good stuff:  mousse cake, key lime tart and a peanut butter chocolate crunch cake.  It was delicious!  The mousse cake was tough to split; we each wanted the lion's share.

In addition to my sister's fabric, I got some solid black to make more selvedge blocks.  I also found this leafy/viny fabric.  I had some of this years ago (in grey and red).  I was excited to find it again.

We've started watching Maverick.  Old black-and-white, the fight scenes are ridiculous, the characters are a hoot.  But it's actually quite watchable.  I've been enjoying it so far.

I liked watching the snow fall on Monday.  It was pretty, light stuff.


We went to the Modern Diner for breakfast on Sunday morning.  I was thrilled to see raspberry crepes (wonderfully stuffed with sweetened cheese) on the menu, but was terribly disappointed when I was told they'd run out of raspberries.  I didn't want strawberry crepes or cran-apple stuffed french toast.  But then the waitress suggested the Christian Special:  raisin challah bread french toast, stuffed with melted Brie, topped with caramelized bananas, maple rum sauce and candied pecans.  I couldn't finish it all - but I was certainly not going to leave any of that behind!  Still pretty good reheated.

This isn't all there is to like - be sure to check out Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday for more posts.


8 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh. That final picture... the description... I want some too. Quick send some! lol
    My sharing ability is tested with cakes...
    I used to love maverick, I had a man crush on him so charming and well, able. I love finding old black and white shows to watch again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy goodies and fabric, too! That is a good week! I read your post about finding the fabric for your sister's quilt - that was quite a job to be accomplished, but I love what you came home with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bakery items are my downfall....and I would love all your choices! I remember watching Maverick with my Dad...good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need those delicate sweets from the bakery until I saw that french toast. Oh my. Great post. mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! I love those fabrics for your sister's quilt, and those desserts look delicious. Mousse anything is a big winner in my book. I am really looking forward to seeing your quilt come together! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, that is quite the breakfast treat. It sounds divine!
    Also your bakery sweets. Little things mean a lot and treats are good. I'm sorry with my mind on these I almost forgot to mention the fabric...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, your desserts and breakfast delight look so yummy. The peanut butter cake intrigues me. This morning I baked strawberry-brie biscuits for breakfast. It turned out looking like your brie treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I want all things sugary and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************