Thursday, December 19, 2019

I Like Thursday: Bits and Pieces

Lots of little things this week.

I like the new diffuser for the stove.  The lowest setting on the smallest burner was still too hot for rice and oatmeal.  This works great!

Ooh - and for cooking this week.  Not what I did, of course, but check out these Gingerbread houses.  Beautiful!


Rob decided that if I continue to make circles and curves on my quilts, that a compass would be useful.  Plates and tomato tins worked fine so far, but this will be so much better.  I'm looking forward to using it.  Looks a lot niftier and sturdier than the little compass I had as a kid.

The woman I bought my Orku kayak from discovered extra parts in her basement.  She was kind enough to mail them to me.  They arrived this week.  How cool is that?!


I've been looking for a popup trundle frame for a while.  Found one on freecycle (love freecycle!).  Alas, I no longer have my wonderful little hatchback that everything fit into.  But this little car has hauled a mattress and boxspring on the roof... so this frame is no problem. 


I take photos on my phone then forget about them.  I just found this goofy one from two weeks ago.  Most of that snow is gone.  But don't worry - we got more snow on Tuesday.  Very pretty.


Speaking of pretty - I finally hung some Christmas lights around the house.  Strings of colored lights around a few windows and candles in the sunroom (barely visible through the glass doors).  Yeah, makes me happy.

It's been a hell of a week.  Got called on Sunday to come in and work on my planned days off.  UGH!  But I managed to wrangle today off (and hopefully Friday afternoon, too).  I'm looking forward to working on my ornament, doing some writing, watching videos... and perhaps visiting some guinea pigs?  Stay tuned!

That's it for me.  More to like over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!


9 comments :

  1. Hi Sally! Lots of fun stuff this week. That compass looks serious . . . I still have my little one from school. Somewhere. I probably couldn't find it if I needed it right now! Ooh, visiting some guinea pigs? That sounds hopeful and fun. Merry Christmas to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your week improve and your next one be better. I take lots of photos I forget to share and sometimes I forget to take photos. Always good to find something good to share even on a not so good week. Enjoy visiting the guinea pigs ,,, <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any kind of lights at Christmas time - they make the best decorations! Those gingerbread houses are really something, too! I hope you get your planned time off, and the opportunity to do all your favorite things. And visit guinea pigs especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat stuff in your likes this week; those gingerbread houses are amazing thanks for sharing your fun stuff hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about an adult type compass too. The gingerbread houses are fabulous. Hmm a diffuser, that is interesting. Love the silly pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a little gift is soon coming your way, when I go to the dreaded PO that is...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate getting called in on my days off! I bought a new compass a while ago and still haven't used it. Enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, visiting guinea pigs heh.
    That looks like an industrial compass, one for forever. Gingerbread houses are getting more ornate and amazing all the time. And lights are always so pretty at night. Even our lone one over the big garage is comforting to see. I wish I could use a diffuser on my ceramic top stove. I always loved using them on the regular stoves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the compass and the photos! Sorry that you are ending up working, this happens to my husband all the time and it is a pain. Hope you get much rest and have wonderful festivities next week! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************