Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pinni Goes For The Kill

In the last month or so, Pinniped has picked up this odd habit of shaking her favorite treat before settling down to eat it.  She's the only one of the three who does this.  I've seen Willow toss her head and run with something delicious, but generally speaking, she doesn't wrestle it to the ground.  And Bertie doesn't waste time playing with her food.

It reminds me of a dog shaking a stuffed animal.  The intensity doesn't seem to correlate to the type of treat she's about to eat:  what causes a frenzy one day will be wolfed down without fanfare the next.  One of the first times she did this, I was holding her and she managed to whack me across the face with the cantaloupe.  Excitable rodent.

Since then, I have been trying to video her doing this.  All sorts of videos, all with lackluster performance.  On a whim this morning, I picked up the camera before I gave her a slice of cantaloupe.  Success!

 Kill it, Pinni!  Kill it!


What a goofy guinea pig.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************