Onto the next scrappy project!
This time I'm working through my leftover strips of fabric. I found a pattern than I liked, modified it a bit, and then proceeded to trash my sewing room.
Just look at the mess! There are
bits of material covering the table and every single chair. I wade through scraps of fabric and paper whenever I cross the room. There are little pieces of cloth tracked all over the house. And I'm hosting a
tea on Sunday. Ack!
My goal was to get rid of the scrap material, which is a slightly backward approach. The focus was on the block rather than the final quilt. I cut paper and the black middle strip for sixteen squares, thinking I should have enough material to cover that. After sewing together a few blocks, I calculated that there was enough scrap to make about 48 blocks. The quilt grew from wall-hanging size to throw-quilt size.
As I get further along, I've been dreaming of borders and backing. I'll be curious how this all turns out!