Monday, April 14, 2014

Binding

Binding a quilt is my favorite part of a quilting project.  I love cutting off the edges of the quilt once I attach the binding.  My backing and batting are often larger than my project, so this is the first time I see what it looks like all sewn together.  This is the true size and there's nice clean edges.

Once the binding is attached, there's the hand stitching to finish it off.  It is so restful having the quilt in my lap, needle and thread in hand.  It's a pleasant way to spend an evening.  Plus it offers me guilt-free TV (I am doing something productive, right?).  The hours spent on finishing the binding just fly by.

And then, too quickly, it's all done.  This quilt still needs a label and a hanging sleeve.  After that, it's off to the next project.

1 comment :

  1. We are not the usual, I love to do the hand whip of the binding too. Most of my friends hate it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************