Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Guinea Pig Earrings

I made a pair of guinea pig earrings this weekend.  Years ago I bought studs to make my own Sculpey earrings, but was never inspired.  Then I saw a pair on Etsy (she has a variety of cute animals) and decided to make my own.

The guinea pigs themselves weren't difficult to make.  I've done variations of dangling guinea pigs on Christmas ornaments, so I was familiar with the basics.  Adding the post and backing were tricky.  The clay was soft and deformed easily.  I needed to do all of the pieces separately.  I was unsure how they'd look altogether until they'd been baked and I could assemble them.

I'm pleased with the results.  Aren't they cute?  I have a few more studs - I may have to make a few more.



I am linking up to Linky Tuesday.  It's so exciting to see my String Theory quilt top is featured on today's Linky post!


4 comments :

  1. Sally,

    WOW on both! Those earrings are so tiny!!! How did you do that. How exciting to have your quilt featured on another blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute! Perhaps Pinniped and Cannoli in earring format are next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I have others like this pair that I'm just shipping off to CavyMadness (http://cavymadness.com/shop/index.html). I am hoping they'll be available in the next few weeks. If they sell out quickly, I hope to make some more by the end of the year.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************