Saturday, August 26, 2017

Not Quite There Yet

62 finished blocks vs 62 fabric bases
I have been working on a pile of string triangles over the last two years.  The majority of them are selvedges sewn to a fabric base.  I finished stitching up the last one a month or two ago.  Or so I thought.  A few days ago I grabbed the stack of them to make a throw quilt.  Not even close - I have about half of what I'd need.  Well, that's a bummer.

So I've cut another 62 triangle bases.  The good news is, I have a quart bag stuffed with selvedges just looking for a project.  At this rate I'll be ready to make the throw quilt in another two years.  Ha!

Lines of crumbs, ready to be stitched

While I'm in between major projects, I'm working through my quart of crumbs, too.  I started my crumb hexies about the same time as the triangle strings.  However, I know this quilt needs far more pieces.  I'll be amazed if start piecing the hexie quilt together in anything less than six years.

These were intended to be back-burner, long term projects.  There's no rush.  But I didn't realize quite how many years they'd span! 


5 comments :

  1. Ah, those long term projects...it is surprising just how long term some of them turn out to be.

    What model is your Singer. I have a 201k amongst others. It is perfect for this kind of project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Sally. I don't know how many times I have sat down to think I will finish a quilt very soon and find that I am no where close. Look forward to seeing this pretty in a while. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some knitting projects like that, Sally! One is called The History of Socks, using the little leftover balls of yarn - usually about the size of a walnut or a pingpong ball - saved from every pair of socks I've knitted. It's fun partly because it's such a longterm project I sometimes forget all about it for a couple of years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness another 62, what patience you have. I have just finished a quilt I started about 8 years ago and doubt that I shall make more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally,
    Those triangles look so cool and fun! I've got a few long-term projects that crop up from time to time, as I remember them. It will be fun to see it complete in a couple of years. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************