I blinked and suddenly it's the last week of August. I suspect September will pass by even more quickly!
Dave, our foster guinea pig from Dakin Humane, stayed with us for barely three
days. I was so disappointed to see him go. He had
just started to settle in on Thursday night. I discovered he
loved to be scritched (and he had lovely, touchable soft fur). He
actually came up the the side of the cage simply for love and affection.

My kayak was woefully neglected in July, so I was glad I managed a few outings in August. One morning I got to Lake Wyola to see the water covered with mist, dancing over the surface. The photo doesn't capture how pretty it was. I was lucky I arrived when I did - it burned off rapidly soon after I started paddling.
The weather, my calendar and my body all cooperated last weekend and I spent a day with my hiking buddy. We climbed up Roaring Brook falls (which was a trickle at best) then continued up Mt Toby. The view from the fire tower was excellent! This is a shot to the north, overlooking Montague Center. What a beautiful day.
After a bite to eat we were ready for more, so we went to High Ledges to admire the view from there, then drove down to Shelburne Falls to visit the Bridge of Flowers. Rob and I had gone there late June and I couldn't believe how much it had filled out in two months. So much color and texture!
And after all that, we still squeezed in a quick walk around Poet's Seat in Greenfield to check out the view from there as well. What a day!


No comments :
Post a Comment
I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************