We picked up a solo guinea pig from Dakin Humane to foster last week. Say hello to Jitterbug. He's a beautiful Abyssinian with serious bed-head and dark ruby eyes. He came in with a bunch of piggies from another shelter, and then got beat up by his cage mate (and got his butt shaved to check for wounds - he looks a little lopsided). They were separated. I wanted both of them - but did not have the bandwidth to try introductions and tackling two cages if they couldn't get along.
Jitterbug dives into his lettuce and most of the veggies. He's pretty good at finding all the sprigs of parsley I hide around the cage. He eats his pellets but as far as I can tell, he hasn't touched a blade of hay. Very odd.
He is a very sweet pig. It took a few days for him to get used to being caught. He's very docile and easy to handle - he'd make a good lap pig.
Unfortunately, Jitterbug is sad and lonely. He doesn't appear
to dislike people and isn't afraid of me, which is a good start. But he
clearly isn't looking for human attention - he rarely wheeks or draws
attention to himself. I would feel better if he ran laps at night. He's too young to be acting like an old man. I'm really hoping he'll get a forever home with a nice piggy friend.
I hope Jitterbug lands in just the right place, but for now he couldn't be in better hands.
ReplyDelete