I've been playing with my scraps. Wavy strings will become a new dance bag (I'm still working out the design). My black and white strings will become center strips for a crumb quilt. Turns out I need a lot more crumbs to fill that one out, so it will have to go on the back burner until I generate more crumbs.
I bought some zinnia seeds this spring called Dahlia Flowered Zinnia. Cool! the picture in the front made them look so big. Well - the have the same shape as the picture, but look at their size!
The garden has been growing like crazy from all the heat and rain we've gotten lately. Even Voledemort is having a hard time eating all the petunia and marigold blooms. (Someone harvested a bunch of my tomatoes, though.)
I was rather dismayed to find my kitchen sink was sprouting! I pointed it out to Rob and he laughed - it was a bunch of spilled chia seeds that had clung to the edge. I was impressed that they started sprouting so quickly. Chia pet, anyone? LOL
Jitterbug and I worked on puzzles yesterday morning. And he loudly demanded breakfast, which was a first!



That is too bad about the smelly fabric! Glad you got some of it to a better state. Love that new block with the crumb corners and center strings! Pretty flowers, too. The chia sprouts made me laugh!
ReplyDelete