I'm working my way through the last bit of black and grey scraps as well as some clean-up projects as I figure out what the next project is. Picking a background color for the inkblots was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. I didn't want a bold background color, because I wanted the focus on the black blocks. I browsed through so many bolts of fabrics of blue and purple and pink and cream. I don't know if it was because of the colors in
Hundred Acre Wood, but I kept coming back to a set of three greens. I liked the medium green the best, but I also liked the idea of an ombre effect - so I bought a bit of all three. I wasn't trying to add to my stash, honest!
The same day I bought those I stopped in Swanson's Fabric. Low and behold - I ended up finding an almost-identical shade of green and that came home with me, too. If I had only known, I would have stopped there first! But I never know if they'll have a whole yard of any particular fabric I'm looking for.
These remain on my floor as I'm crumb quilting and digging through my big bag of strings. There is a tremendous amount of black and grey strings, which I am currently sewing all together with the idea of making an X Marks the Block quilt like this one.
The garden is pleading with me to weed it, but while it's hot and humid I'd rather stay in and sew!
No comments :
Post a Comment
I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************