Thursday, September 3, 2026

Dance Bag

The tote bag that holds my dancing stuff was starting to fray.  I could have repaired it, but bag was both too big (for regular dances) and too small (for dance festivals) and didn't have enough pockets.  This was my chance to design a new one:  a single bag that would work for both situations so I wouldn't need to move the odds and ends from one bag to another.  

 

I combined measurements of the old dance bag and a little string backpack that I like.  I cobbled together a pattern, added a bunch of pockets and in typical Sally-style, winged putting it together.  It's done, although the real success depends if it works as I imagined.


The bag is a comically over-engineered solution in a hodgepodge of color.  I added a pair of pockets on the outside, a divider on the inside plus a couple inside pocket.  It has a few carabiner hooks (for keys).  The sides collapse by buttoning the front to the back, so it's thin like the little string backpack.  Unbutton it and it puffs out and it's really roomy.


I've used the small version a couple of times.  I think the bag should have been shorter (but I can fix that if it really bothers me).  The bottom pockets are... saggy... for lack of a better description.  The folded-in sides take up more room than I anticipated.  However, my phone and keys are easy to reach, as are my name tags.  

I didn't attempt to photograph the inside - it's a jumble of three different teacup patterned fabrics.  

Overall, I like it.  It should get a lot of use.

Sharing with:
Melva Loves Scraps - Sew & Tell
Quilt Schmilt - To Do Tuesday
Quilting & Learning - What a Combo! - I Quilted This
A Quiltery - Put Your Foot Down Thursday
Alycia Quilts - Finished or Not Friday
Nina-Marie - Off the Wall Friday
Quilting Patchwork Applique - Patchwork & Quilts

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************