Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All That Grass

Pinniped and Cannoli have been enjoying the weather and the bounty of our yard.  Just look at all that green!  The two of them were total noodges on Thursday and wheeked loudly at us any time we walked towards the kitchen.  After being cooped up inside for three days, they wanted fresh grass and sunshine!  Friday was warm and dry again, and they got to go out.

Cannoli has decided that being outside is quite nice and she tries to keep pace with Pinni eating all that grass.  She seems relaxed as I watch them from the window, but when I came close to take photos, Cannoli ran away from me.  It was very difficult to get a shot of her face.  Many of the photos I took featured her butt or a nose peeking out from behind Pinniped (because it's so easy to hide behind Pinni).

I watched them roam from one end of the enclosure to the other, searching for that perfect blade of grass.  I keep hoping Noli will get wound up and run some laps, but she hasn't gotten that excited yet.  (I miss Bertie.)  There's lots of eating and they spent a good portion of the afternoon just lounging around.

I had to laugh as I watched them eat; the best grass, out of the whole yard, is the grass that the other guinea pig is munching.  Even if they started at different ends of the pen, Noli and Pinni eventually ended up next to each other over the same patch of green.

1 comment :

  1. The grass is always greener when it's already in another pig's mouth.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************