Thursday, June 20, 2019

I Like Thursday: Smartphones and Sewing

Missed last week's I Like Thursday.  Too many distractions (and not enough photos).  I pulled myself together this week.  I enjoy writing these posts and it's nice to be back.
 
The new house has no cell service.  So I bit the bullet and moved from a dumb phone to a smartphone (so it will work at the house through the WiFi).  Spent hours on the phone with tech support:  between the age of the phone, the limits of my old plan (I don't think they even offer it any more), the spotty connection I have at my place, it took us three days of attempts before the phone number was successfully switched over.  I was pleasantly surprised with the three tech support people I dealt with for knowledge and patience.  (Although it would have been nice to know that the spotty connection would cause so much trouble - I'd have tried activating closer to a cell tower.)  Spent another day with setup and understanding how it all works.  My brain is full.  But it's done!  I'm officially in the 21st century.


I've even figured out how to use the camera on it.  I like that.  Didn't like so much that this is Mabel at the vet.  I'm hoping she'll feel better soon.



While walking earlier this week, I was amused by the fork in the road (can you see it?).  Okay, technically it's a fork by the side of the road.  But still.

Next day we found an iPhone in the road - and that really was in the road.  Surprise!  Someone must have left it on the roof of their car and drove off.  It still working with only scratches.  We dropped it off at the police station - I sincerely hope it's reunited with its owner.

I'm not looking forward to packing, but it's nice to see the purge pile growing.  Off to Goodwill.  Isn't it funny how getting rid of stuff can feel good?

I was asked to do a fabric name tag in green and blue.  Turned out to be more of an adventure than I thought it would be.  But I got to experiment and learned new stuff.  Cool!

Speaking of small sewing projects - I started following Wee Folk Studio in April.  She does such beautiful work!  After working on the name tag, I am really appreciating her work.  So many little stitches!

That's it for the week.  Thanks for dropping in.  Be sure to enjoy the other I Like posts on Not Afraid of Color.



7 comments :

  1. You made me smile with that "Fork in the road" Nice week of likes--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about Mabel! I hope she's soon feeling 100% again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I found fork in the road amusing too. Someone is ironic. Not so amusing is connection issues...we hate it with Hubby's bad hearing, I have to do the talking yet he is the one who understands the issues, so it is a bit of a comedy when we have to do it...like Old People Vs Technology...the Phone.
    I love dropping off stuff to goodwill. Yes, it feels great.
    Really hope Mabel feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! Your weren't in the list this week, or else I missed it. I'm glad you commented because I always enjoy reading your posts. I hope sweet Mabel is feeling better? I had to giggle at your reference to a dumb phone. I used to have one of those. I liked the flip phone - there was no accidentally dialing anyone. Texting was a bit cumbersome though - abc, ABC, 123 - depending on which one you needed. Technology is fabulous when it works . . . ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cleaning out...always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed you last week - glad to see you back this week! Love the fork in the road! Nice to get a "fancy" phone - I have what we call a smart-ish phone - definitely a low end model... I hope Mabel is doing okay, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well Mabel! The fork in the road made me LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************