Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Apple Peeling Challenge


It's the time of year for apples.  Yum!  Apple crisp for me, apple peelings for Mabel.

I need to dole out the peelings a little at a time.  Too much all at once will upset a guinea pig's stomach.  So Mabel only gets a few pieces a day.  Plus I make her work for it.  The peelings hang nicely from the grids.  She needs to locate them first, then stretch up to grab them.  As soon as she pulls one down, she runs off to a corner with it to enjoy.




Oh!  Can almost nab it still standing on all four feet.  So close!  But not quite - she eventually had to stand up to reach it.





Mabel's not the only one who loves these.  Apple streamers have been a favorite with all my sows.  I found an old post of Bertie and Pinniped enjoying some, too.


6 comments :

  1. I just love that Mable. She is such a cutie. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart to make Mabel work for her treats! And I bet she doesn't even realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good she's feeling better and grabbing for the apples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple slices and carrot pennies are coin of the realm here :) I need to get to the orchard soon and pick up some apples for baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, they do seem to enjoy apple peelings don't they? I always hang them up for my little piggies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cavy lover here. I kept several until suddenly I became allergic. Broke me out all over if I handled them. The last one I kept in my kitchen and DH took care of her for me. Sure miss having them running around.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************