Monday, November 4, 2019

Six and Seven of Thirteen



I've rounded the halfway point for quilting the circles.  I still will have sun-rays and the border to do, but the quilt is held together with more quilting than basting.  Huzzah!

Most of the remaining circles are full round, rather than 3/4 circles. Lots of designing and stitching in those.  I'm trying not to repeat too many patterns, so it's tough to figure out what I want to put on these.  Decisions, decisions.




It's hard to not quilt too much.  Some circles have unquilted sections - others have everything stitched down.  I'm trying to keep it even.  I figure if I can go back and add more quilting of it looks too empty.

I'm loving how the back looks all quilted.  I need to find a good place to hang this thing when it's done to show the quilting.  I miss my back deck railing!


3 comments :

  1. I'm so impressed with your quilting, Sally! It's looking so amazing! You'll have to find a really neat spot for quilty beauty shots when you're all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a decent sized backyard, try a long wooden bench with a back as you're new picture spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is looking fantastic, Sally. With all those lovely spots around where you live, you will find the perfect photo shoot location.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************