Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Off the Rails

I am running off the rails with my projects.  Eek!  It's all Project Quilting's fault.  I'd seen prior seasons float by on my feeds and decided to jump into this one.  The challenge is fussy cutting.  I had an idea, grabbed fabric to fussy cut and anticipated a quick project.  I started playing with fabrics and layout, which was cool.  However, once I got a layout nailed down, I started to reconsider what fabrics I was fussy cutting.  At this point I've flip-flopped to a completely different set of fabric and back to most of the colors I started with.

Nuts.

Deadline is Sunday at noon.  I'm not used to this kind of creative process under a deadline.  I need the fabric cut by tonight or tomorrow to have any chance of getting this done on time.  Wish me luck!

Other than that, I am very close to completing my goal for January.  My cleanup scrap projects are winding down.  Scraps are cut (although I'm in the process of making more... that was not part of my goal).  I just got my hands on Paper Pieced Modern so I can finish calculating yardage for my next big project.  Woot!  All I need is to make sure I have a clean cutting table in a week and a half.  Sure... what could possibly go wrong?


2 comments :

  1. It is different having a deadline! I'm looking forward to seeing what you're doing there - it looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contemplated Project Quilting this year also! I’m not sure I’d be successful wi th time constraints! Then I’d be depressed. Then I’d mope, not a good look for me! Maybe later or next year! I always enjoy looking at other’s creations! Looks like you’ve got a good start!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************