Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Ahhh, Yes!

This quilt has been a long time coming to get from fabric pull to a first piece on my wall.  I had picked a pattern and pulled fabric over a month ago.  Then it stalled.  I'm still not sure how I want to put it all together, but I needed to start somewhere.  I put together a strip and see how it looks.  I suspect this quilt will be a plan-as-I-go (more than usual).

Part of the delay was lack of a design wall.  I had used all my big pieces of batting and the little chunk that was left wasn't even two feet wide.  My packaged batting says it doesn't require pre-washing, but I still do it to shrink it before quilting.  I had a package of king sized batting I hadn't wanted to tackle.  However, we've had wonderfully sunny, windy and very dry days lately, so I took the time to soak it and spread it across the clothes lines.  It dried completely in just a few hours.  Amazing!

Now that I have a design wall, and my first row on it, I'm hoping to dive in to the project.  After this, I'll get to do some projects of my own.  Then I've agreed to do a king-sized quilt.  That will be a challenge!



3 comments :

  1. Ooh, that's a pretty combination - I like the low volume and refreshing colors! Are you sewing strip sets and then cutting them at an angle? Have fun playing with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like another fabulous quilt is in the works. I can't wait to see the progress. It sounds lovely and hot there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a good start!
    Thank you for the reminder. it is time to put my small clothesline up. lol

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************