Thursday, May 11, 2023

I Like Thursday: Celebrating May Day


Nothing to share last week on I Like Thursday and this week I had so many photos I had to combine them into collages.  Feast or famine I guess.

First up are my May Day flowers.  Aren't they pretty?  I was really taken by the calla lilies.  My mom convinced me to get the big red flowers.  I had to add in a tulip, some roses and a carnation.  

The flowers came from the Montague May Day celebration.  My sister and mother came again this year.  Music!  Morris dancers!  A May pole!  There was also buckets of flowers to choose from to make garlands.  As you can see below, I decorated my floppy hat.  It went quite nice with my flower dress


There were at least 40 Ukrainian pysanky eggs stashed around the green.  We had so much fun finding them, then admiring the colors and the artwork.


I enjoyed finding them tucked in branches and hanging from limbs.  It was really hard to pick a favorite (although I'm thinking that blue and white one in the bottom-middle should have come home with me). 

Sunday was a gorgeous day.  We saw that appeared to be a set of prayer wheels just off the green.  It looked like it was still under construction - I'll be curious what it looks like when it's done. 

We admired the blue sky and greening trees.  Also check out that crazy ornate door!  My mother felt adventurous, so I took her out kayaking in the afternoon.  I think she had second thoughts as she got into the kayak (always seems to be trickier than one would think) - but we had a delightful time out on the water.


Check out this crazy artwork I found on a car.  The rest of the car was covered with wild designs, but I liked the hood best.

 

The Cheese boys are still hanging out with us.  Bleu loves curling up in a cozy or a tunnel.  There's a nose and a foot.  Meanwhile, Provolone has been honing the art of snoozing with his head in the food dish.  Laziness at its best.

Rough life!

 

Overall, a fun and productive weekend.  




8 comments :

  1. Rough life! I say. lol
    The guyz look great.

    Fun festival, the artworks are wonderful. Your hat is pretty.
    Nice kayak photo. The red gerbana daisy is cheery. Psanky egg hunting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are amazing! I love the car and would love to do something like that to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very fun weekend! I love that you could decorate your hat with flowers. And the eggs - wow! Glad that your mom managed a kayak ride. Those cheese boys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and I always love Gerbera Daisies...they come in brilliant colours. You look so cute in your hat there. Those eggs are stunning really. Your little fellows are sweet, you know I love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red gerbera is fabulous. Lovely photos of happy springtime. Those painted eggs are exquisite. Love your flowery hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing you in your hat. So pretty! Those eggs are beautiful. So glad to see the cheese boys thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - what terrific events to celebrate May. Your hat (and you) - very festive!

    So glad you still have the Cheese Boys. Kudos to Provolone for the fine art of snoozing in the food dish - I might have to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful festival. Your hat made me smile. The eggs are goregeous!! I've never seen any in person. Happy Belated Mother's Day, glad you were able to spend time with your sister and Mother.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************