Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Like Thursday: Happy Right Here

Most of my evenings have been spent in the yard.  I planted my seedlings and seeds; admired various plants that have sprouted.  Said hello to the hummingbirds zipping around the garden.  (And unfortunately sprayed the dozen or so hornets nest that have popped up around the eaves and gutters.)

That has slowed progress on the quilt.  I'm trying to get a feel for the dark diamonds on this quilt.  Once I get these pieced together I can do my last layout checks and stitch it all together.  I can't wait - things will cruise at that point!

Cheese boys continue to be cheesy.  Get a load of Bleu's foot sticking out.  He loves that hammock.  This is one of two favorite ways to sack out (the other is with his... um... boarly bits hanging out over the edge). 

Provolone and Bleu without a care in the world.

I recently saw another foster post that their guinea pig fosters of eight months were finally adopted.  So there's hope these guys will get a forever home (they'll have been with us six months by mid-June).

LeeAnna's prompt for his week's I Like Thursday is:  if you could go on vacation anywhere right now, where would it be?  Let's face it, I'm a homebody.  Generally speaking, plunk me down anywhere (or nowhere) for a vacation and I'd be happy.  I'm sure the others in the I Like group will have much more defined, adventurous or flashy list of places to visit.  Enjoy!

 

6 comments :

  1. It’s wonderful to be happy and content in your home! Obviously your boys are happy too! ‘Chillaxing” in a hammock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that photo is adorable...such a cute little leg over that cute little hammock. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bleu in his hammock! Looks very comfy and relaxing! Glad you're moving along with the current quilt project - those dark strips are going to make an interesting look. There's no place like home - I feel the same way - happy to go, happy to be home again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foot hanging out is totally adorable. I'm not sure about the darker fabrics. Maybe tone them down half way?
    Vacation?
    Aside from family visits, a for just me vacation. Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I love going away on a vacation a stay at home vacation is always wonderful. Especially when summer is nigh and there's a lot to do and enjoy in the garden. The hammock for the 'cheese boys' is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a homebody too so I know how you feel! Your quilt looks good already. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when it's done. Those cheese boys are the cutest! They look very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************