Thursday, June 15, 2023

I Like Thursday: Return to Kripalu

This week's like - I went to Kriplau!  I haven't been to the yoga center with the gals since 2019.  How wonderful!  The wildfire smoke even cleared up enough to allow for hiking, kayaking, and Qigong on the Lawn.   

There was 10 of us in my group (and not a single group photo!).  Two of the gals I never even saw.  (I hope they had a nice time.)  Another two ran into me at afternoon yoga.  The rest of us shared a couple of dorm rooms overlooking the lake. 

My sister and I took archery, which was a lot of fun.  I haven't handled a bow in years.  The whole class agreed it was satisfying to listen to the whoosh of the arrow when released and the thunk when it hits the target.  

 

 

The grounds were as I remembered.  I spent a good chunk of time outdoors.  Saturday I hiked up Monk's Pond and past Olivia's Overlook.  The view was still hazy but beautiful.

Sunday I did a smaller loop on the Charcoal trail.  There were signs in the woods for mindful hiking.  This one drew my attention to a stand of hemlock and pine.  




I always make sure to stop at Ganesh's shrine.  Someone had created a flower mandala of sorts at the base. 

The shrine itself was adorned with flowers, too.  A bit of color among the lush green.





There were a number of new signs around campus.  Each had bits and pieces of the history Kripalu and the area.  I laugh at the Shadowbrook "Cottage" - the place was enormous!  It would have been so cool to walk through.


Four years was a long time to be away.  I had forgotten how nice it is to take time out for a retreat.  I hope we can return next year.


While I was away, Rob accidentally broke my old favorite tea infuser.  He ordered a new one that arrived yesterday.  Look at how shiny clean it is!  Can't wait to try it out.

That's it for this week.  I'm linking up with I Like Thursday over on Not Afraid of Color. 

9 comments :

  1. Looks like a beautiful spot and lots of good things to do there! So glad you were able to go again. I haven't used a tea infuser before - I'm curious how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no other sound quite like that thunk of an arrow hitting a target. I've always been curious about the criteria for "cottage" status, since it is still applied to sometimes massive and (to my eye) elaborate houses in England. Glad you had such a nice time on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So envious of such a beautiful retreat- how wonderful to be back. Archery is so wonderful too.How pretty those flowers too. And a wonderful shiny new tea infuser. Great likes, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful area! So glad you could return after the pandemic. I think I have the same tea infuser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend. Time to relax is really healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place sounds like an amazing summer camp for grown ups! I bet it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! So glad you had the opportunity to go to this spectacular place, and that the smoke cleared out a bit. Interesting to see the new and old tea diffuser side by side. I look at some of my coffee cups and can see the staining - the same staining on my teeth! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you and your sister had time away. I love reading the plaque near the tall trees. I might need to remember to lean my forehead against the bark of my trees and reflect! I love those tea infusers from adagio tea. Do you have a favorite tea or blend? My infuser is from Teavana, but the work the same. I’m partial to Earl Grey with lavender, and others!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************