Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Like Thursday: Time for a Break

All the years I've written this blog I haven't taken a hiatus.  Although it doesn't seem like a whole lot is going on right now, I feel like I can't catch up.  So it's time for a break.

But first - I have a few likes to share with the I Like Thursday crew.

Everything is growing like crazy around here with the warm, wet weather.  I pull weeds every time I walk by the gardens.  Even the birdhouse is blooming.  Can you see the little flowers?  I guess they're growing a roof garden?  How chic! 



Speaking of chic birdhouses - I put this one up several weeks ago.  The diameter of the hole usually determines the occupants.  This was built for titmice, but I saw some little brown birds (house wrens, maybe?) checking it out.  What amused me is that they didn't use the "front door" - they were accessing the house through  the openings at the top.  Skylight access?  Can a bird be a cat burglar?


I'm still tinkering with the colors on the quilt.  But at least I'm working on it again!  Time's running out on this - I can't believe it has stalled this long.  I'm fighting with the gold and looking how to work in the diamonds. 

The Cheese boys fosters were returned to Dakin.  I was sad to see them go, but I like having the space back and not be nagged every time I walk into the kitchen.  Rob brought home pastry, which eased the transition.

Enjoy your summer!

 

15 comments :

  1. Those are really nice birdhouses, you are lucky to get to watch the inhabitants! I really like your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, enjoy your break! I just took a nice long one and intend to try to keep the "break attitude" with my blogging. It has helped me be more productive and enjoy my sewing time much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun birdhouses - a roof garden and a skylight! We have two birdhouses in our yard, and at different times of the year different birds are interested in them, too. Goodbye to the cheese boys - I hope they find a home! And good luck on the quilt design - I think you're onto something there! Hope you will update us with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds are very creative. Finding new ways to enter their home and rooftop gardens. Your quilt is beautiful. Enjoy your break and we'll be here when you return. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break. We all need them once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful break doing wonderful things for yourself and your love ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bird house. It's crazy how much rain we've been getting. Enjoy your break. I think the summer is a great time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could the little brown birds be flycatchers/eastern phoebes? They like to tuck their nests under eaves or overhangs, so going in through a little space under the birdhouse roof might feel natural to them. Phoebes nest here year after year, and I'm always happy to see those cheerful little birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quinn is right about the Phoebes...they love being under a roof of some sort to build their nests. Love that quilt pattern. I am always feeling behind with the blogging and at times think of stopping, but at my age now I think it is good for my brain to keep it up. Just like my exercise for mobility. But you are so much younger and have more than enough stimulation. That Rob, what a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve never put up a birdhouse. We have lots of trees and many birds. Guess they build nests in the trees. Sorry the cheese boys are gone, but hear you about the space. Pastry does help the “ empty nest sadness “! Glad you have a supportive partner. Enjoy your break, I’ll keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand your hiatus. Enjoy your time off! How interesting to see your rooftop garden on your birdhouse! Ever since we adopted an abandoned kitten (who is now a cat) I’ve had to get very creative with our bird feeder placement! 😊
    Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're not going to be gone too long. Will keep checking in on you. Weeding never seems to be done...cute roof top garden on the bird house, lol.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  13. Timeouts are nice. Love your birdhouse, with the rooftop garden. Yeah weeding is nevr ending here right now. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waving hi as I make my blog rounds. Hope you're doing well.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a funny story about the birds going through the skylights. So entertaining! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************