Saturday, April 13, 2024

Moving Along

This week's clue for the two color mystery quilt was the block layout.  It's a cool looking block.  But boy, it was a struggle putting it together.  Even when I had the pieces put the right direction, I still felt like I was doing it wrong.  Lots of points.  Matching point to point was straightforward, but some pieces aligned a straight edge with an angle.  Those were trickier and it took me stitching (and ripping apart) a few pieces before I got the hang of it. 

I'll leave that on the wall as contemplate layouts.  I made the baby quilt size, but this is to become a headboard for my mother's full sized bed.  I may need to make two more blocks to gain the width I want, which I'm sure would also change the layout.


In the meantime, I've finished sewing together the strips for the jacket.  I'm now trying to get a feel for how it will all look together before I start cutting.  I'm hoping to start quilting this weekend and maybe start assembling it.  It's a bit louder than I imagined - we'll have to see what it looks like altogether.
 


I'm about to get sidetracked again - this time with a table I picked up this morning.  I don't think the wood was ever finished.  So it needs to be pulled apart, sanded, and add some kind of finish.  I plan to use it in the sewing room.  I can't wait to see how it looks!  I just need some warm sunny days to start working on it. 



4 comments :

  1. Your two color mystery is beautiful! The block looks very intricate. Love the panel you're piecing for the jacket, too - the blues and greens are a pretty combination. That table looks like a great find! You can never have too many tables in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that two color block mystery! It's pretty but I can also see how it can be difficult to put together. I'm looking forward to see the progress on your jacket. I would have no idea how to finish that table. I'm sure it will come out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two color blocks are stunning! They would be way above my skillset. That is an interesting looking table. I look forward to seeing how you finish it, and how you use it in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That two colour block is a real beauty! I love it but can't imagine trying to sew it! You are clever to do that and the idea that you are making a jacket and headboard cover is amazing too. And of course refinishing the beautiful table...it just goes on. Wonderful, Sally!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************